It’s 3AM and I am lying in bed at the IBIS Hotel in Manchester. I’m wide awake because I crashed early after an exhausting workout and a late dinner at Ban Di Bul , an awesome Korean restaurant on Princess Street (if you ever happen to be in the area).
The reason i’m exhausted from my workout is…and now it’s confession time…is because I’ve been coasting for a long time. Sure I workout at least 5 days a week most weeks, and yeah I know ‘a’ workout is better than ‘no’ workout, but in actuality I’ve been pretty much hovering in maintenance mode and just ticking the obligatory workout box.
But this week I’ve decided it’s time to switch back into beast mode
and really push myself physically, which means going to muscular failure during each set. It’s all a part of my master plan to reclaim the Spartan in me and keep my mind, body and spirit honed like a good piece of steel.
Being a mobile warrior, I have to be prepared to workout wherever I am and with whatever is available.
I decided to give the Fitness Buddy app a go. And man, it did not disappoint!
Here’s a quick review video for you. I think it’s a great app whether you’re a mobile warrior or not.
For £1.49, here’s what you get:
- 1700+ unique exercises!
- 1000+ HD videos
- Comprehensive exercises for all major equipments including barbell, ez curl bar, dumbbells, kettlebells, resistance bands, and stability balls
- Exercise categorization (core, lower body, chest, shoulders, back, arms, cardio, stretches)
- 4000+ exercise photos and animations (retina display resolution)
- Detailed exercise instructions and muscle categorizations
- Capabilities to add your own custom exercises and favorite exercises
- Quick and simple workout tracking
- Search bar to quickly find your favorite exercises
75+ WORKOUT ROUTINES
- Diverse repertoire of exercise routines including workouts for women
- Routines specific to your goals (build big chest, tone butt, lose weight, and more!)
- Routines specific to your equipment (resistance bands, kettlebells, bodyweight only, etc)
- Build your own workout routines
BODY METRICS TRACKING
- Track your body weight and metrics (chest, arms, thighs, etc)
- Graph your body progress
- Quick email responses
- Frequent updates
And many other features for you to enhance your workout experience. You won’t be disappointed when you train hard with Fitness Buddy.
Ok that’s it from me for now. Have a smashing workout and if you use the Fitness Buddy app, let me know which workouts you’ve done and like.