The past week has been a virtual whirlwind of activity. I was up in Edinburgh to meet with my new boss and discuss our near and long-term objectives both from a business standpoint and a personal development standpoint. I’m fine with the business objectives, but always seem to struggle with the personal development objectives. Why? Hmmm….probably because i view personal as personal and business as business. I like to keep work and personal life separate. I suppose if we changed the term to professional development, I could handle that…
I have been working on articulating my philosophy of life which loosely breaks down to this:
- Be loving, sympathetic, concerned, respectful and helpful with others; not greedy, or controlling or aggressive.
- Work hard to solve the problems we face; not follow the past, or merely dream of the future, but to do something now.
- Enjoy the simple, available pleasures of home, relaxation, and friends.
My life goals in terms of values and purpose can be summed up as:
- An exciting life
- Inner harmony
- A sense of accomplishment
- Social recognition
And my personal characteristics or how I want people to view me as:
I suppose this is a tall order, but at least I have an ideal for which to strive for…
On another note…
While in Edinburgh, I started working on my second Rockamentary for a local Edinburgh band called Slowjet. I’ve got about 2 hours of footage that I have to edit down to 5 minutes. Looking forward to it.
Here are some random thoughts from my notebook over the past week:
- Flew into Edinburgh. I like being in transit…the anonymous feeling. It’s the opposite of Cheers..nobody knows your name.
- It’s half-term in England and it seems like they’re all here. The hotel is packed with them.
- There are two women sitting on thestairs in front of me. The black haired one is giving the platnium blonde a neck and shoulder massage…cheap thrill for me as i drink my beer.
Okay…that’s enough of that.